Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Obstacle


The biggest obstacle in my life would be being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My life changed December of 2005. Being diabetic changed my life drastically. I have to check my blood sugar throughout the day, and give myself four to five shots a day. I have to be careful with what I eat and watch my blood sugar while working out. Being diabetic has also taught me to be more responsible by knowing I have to take care of myself. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes yet, so I will live with this for the rest of my life. Hopefully they will find a cure before that. I thought becoming diabetic would hold me back from many things, but I haven't stopped doing what I did before. Although it is very scary knowing you have to watch yourself while eating and playing sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment